Copper sheets can be used for a variety of projects, from manufactured products to decorative elements. These sheets can vary in terms of strength, hardness, temper, and density, allowing users to select the appropriate material for whatever their project needs. It is not enough to simply order copper sheets from any retailer; if you need the right copper sheets, you should approach a reputable copper sheet supplier like Rotax Metals. Our copper sheets boast high quality and the right characteristics you need in a durable material.
If you want to know about copper sheets, we at Rotax Metals are the experts. We have an extensive inventory of copper sheets.
We have three kinds of copper sheets available:
- Alloy 101 – copper sheet OFHC C-101 – 1/4 Hard (7)
- Alloy 110 – copper sheet SOFT ETP C-110 (14)
- Alloy 110 – copper sheet COLD ROLLED (73) 1/4 hard and 1/2 hard
ASTM B-152 (American Society for Testing and Materials) are standards that cover the requirements for any copper sheet.
• Alloy 101 or OFHC (Oxygen-free high thermal conductivity) C – 101 is a 99.99% pure copper. Characteristics are high ductility, high electrical and thermal conductivity, high impact strength, and ease of welding.
• Alloy 110 or C- 110 – also known as, Electrolytic-Tough-Pitch (ETP) is the most common copper. ETP is required to be 99.9% pure. It is an excellent electrical conductor, makes a very classy looking rain gutter and adorns some of the finest looking roofs in the world.
• Hardness in Copper Sheets – Quarter-hard is defined by its ability to be bent back onto itself along the grain boundary without breaking. Half-hard can be bent 90°. The hardness of the metal determines the application. Soft is good for decorative applications. If your copper project involves supporting any kind of weight, stick to harder tempers.
• Cold Rolled Copper Sheets – Cold rolling increases tensile strength. It comes in a wider range of sizes and longer lengths than our OFHC and soft copper sheet.
• Thickness – The thickness of each copper sheet is measured in inches, from .020 to .500 – Very thin to thick.
The standard size of our OFHC C-101 copper sheet is 36 inches by 96 inches (3 feet X 8 feet). Our ETP C-110 comes in 3 foot and 4 foot widths, and our Alloy 110 – Copper Sheet COLD ROLLED comes in sizes ranging from 2,3,and 4 foot widths and up to 10 feet in length.
Whatever your need is for a copper sheet, Rotax Metals can supply it. As a professional copper sheet supplier, we value your business and look forward to speaking to you directly for all of your metal needs. We can ship your orders over the road or arrange local delivery from our Brooklyn location; alternatively, we also allow our customers to pick up their purchases from our warehouse. If you have any questions about copper sheets or any of our products please contact us.
For a quick, courteous response, call us at 1-718-272-9800, fax us at 718-272-2751, or contact us via this website.